Alon USA Energy Inc. Stock Upgraded (ALJ)
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.53 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. To add to this, ALJ has a quick ratio of 0.67, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for ALON USA ENERGY INC is currently extremely low, coming in at 8.10%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.80% trails the industry average.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 122.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 70.06% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- ALJ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 23.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 188.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts