Stocks Under $5 at Risk of Bankruptcy
7. MGT Capital Investments (MGT)
Company Profile: MGT Capital Investments is a holding company with investments Medicsight and Moneygate Group Limited. Medicsight is a developer of computer-aided detection (CAD) and image analysis software for the medical-imaging market. Moneygate is a U.K.-based financial-services business.Altman Z-score: -43.28 Current Share Price: 20 cents (June 7) 2011 Return: -23% Current Ratio: 5.3, indicating that MGT Capital would easily be able to meet its short-term liabilities with its current assets.
6. TearLab (TEAR) Company Profile: Formerly known as OccuLogix, TearLab is an ophthalmic-device company commercializing a proprietary in-vitro diagnostic-tear testing platform, the TearLab test for dry-eye disease. Altman Z-score: -49.68 Current Share Price: $2.20 (June 7) 2011 Return: 0.5% Current Ratio: 0.80, indicating that TearLab would have some trouble meeting its short-term liabilities with its current assets.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV