We got the bounce I expected early from oversold conditions but it didn't last and it may have been wasted buying power. Mr. Market, it seems, is just as pessimistic as me.
Bernanke didn't offer anything new in his speech today other than blaming high oil prices and repeating the theme that current problems are "transitory".
Despite not offering any future solutions, existing POMO activities continue adding $14 billion over the past two days. This isn't chicken feed so maybe, the poor performance of bank stocks means the money will be used to beef-up balance sheets versus trading stocks. That would be something.Bonds were slightly higher given all the POMO, the dollar faded once again, energy markets were flat to higher and commodities overall were higher. Volume eased from Monday but breadth per the WSJ was mildly positive. You can follow our pithy comments on twitter and become a fan of ETF Digest on facebook. Continue to U.S. Sector, Stocks & Bond ETFs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV