We got the bounce I expected early from oversold conditions but it didn't last and it may have been wasted buying power. Mr. Market, it seems, is just as pessimistic as me.
Bernanke didn't offer anything new in his speech today other than blaming high oil prices and repeating the theme that current problems are "transitory".
Despite not offering any future solutions, existing POMO activities continue adding $14 billion over the past two days. This isn't chicken feed so maybe, the poor performance of bank stocks means the money will be used to beef-up balance sheets versus trading stocks. That would be something.Bonds were slightly higher given all the POMO, the dollar faded once again, energy markets were flat to higher and commodities overall were higher. Volume eased from Monday but breadth per the WSJ was mildly positive. You can follow our pithy comments on twitter and become a fan of ETF Digest on facebook. Continue to U.S. Sector, Stocks & Bond ETFs
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV