NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Aveo Pharmaceuticals (AVEO), BioSante Pharmaceuticals (BPAX), Cornerstone Therapeutics (CRTX) and Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) are among a few health-care stocks that outperformed the index during the past one month.
These stocks may continue to outstrip the index on strong fundamentals, company outlook, and analysts' potential upsides. During the last one month, these stocks have gained between 18% to 80%, compared to a 4% drop registered by the Nasdaq.
10. SuperGen (SUPG) engages primarily in the discovery, development and commercialization of cancer therapeutics. It acquires products developed by other companies and applies additional developmental effort to expand sales, or advance these products clinically toward marketing approval. The stock has gained 17.6% during the past one month.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $17.1 million compared to $14.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue includes royalty of $17 million, up from $14.3 million for the same period in the prior year. Net income stood at $5.5 million (9 cents per share), increasing 17.5% from $4.7 million (8 cents per share) in the year-ago quarter.
As of March 31, 2011, the company had approximately $129.5 million in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and current and non-current marketable securities compared to $120.4 million as of Dec. 31, 2010 as cash flow from operations rose 83.9% to $10 million. The company has a current ratio of 16.51 and no debt.Going forward, SuperGen expects royalty revenue for Dacogen to increase up to 5% from the prior year to range from $52 million to $55 million. However, net income forecast has been modified to less than $12 million for 2011 from the prior guided net income of less than $14 million. All the three analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 111% upside to $6.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV