NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Aveo Pharmaceuticals (AVEO), BioSante Pharmaceuticals (BPAX), Cornerstone Therapeutics (CRTX) and Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) are among a few health-care stocks that outperformed the index during the past one month.
These stocks may continue to outstrip the index on strong fundamentals, company outlook, and analysts' potential upsides. During the last one month, these stocks have gained between 18% to 80%, compared to a 4% drop registered by the Nasdaq.
10. SuperGen (SUPG) engages primarily in the discovery, development and commercialization of cancer therapeutics. It acquires products developed by other companies and applies additional developmental effort to expand sales, or advance these products clinically toward marketing approval. The stock has gained 17.6% during the past one month.
Net revenue for the first quarter of 2011 was reported at $17.1 million compared to $14.4 million in the year-ago quarter. Total revenue includes royalty of $17 million, up from $14.3 million for the same period in the prior year. Net income stood at $5.5 million (9 cents per share), increasing 17.5% from $4.7 million (8 cents per share) in the year-ago quarter.
As of March 31, 2011, the company had approximately $129.5 million in unrestricted cash, cash equivalents and current and non-current marketable securities compared to $120.4 million as of Dec. 31, 2010 as cash flow from operations rose 83.9% to $10 million. The company has a current ratio of 16.51 and no debt.Going forward, SuperGen expects royalty revenue for Dacogen to increase up to 5% from the prior year to range from $52 million to $55 million. However, net income forecast has been modified to less than $12 million for 2011 from the prior guided net income of less than $14 million. All the three analysts covering the stock recommend buying it. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 111% upside to $6.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV