Job Openings Fall in April
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Job openings weakened in April as companies remained bearish on the economic outlook, according to a report by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Jobs openings dropped to 2.97 million, down 100,000 from March, which was a peak month since the 2008 financial crisis began.
The number of job openings was 549,000 higher than the end of the recession in June 2009, but was still well below the 4.4 million reported at the very beginning of the recession in December 2007.
Year-over-year numbers increased for the private industry, but government openings in April compared to last year decreased to 315,000 from 647,000, impacted by the large number of workers needed to conduct the 2010 Census.The data comes a week after
>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV