Kimberly-Clark's (KMB) Huggies, Pull-Ups and GoodNites Baby and Child Care Products, and Cottonelle and Scott Bathroom Tissues
As if all things childcare weren't expensive enough, in March Kimberly-Clark said it would raise the price of Huggies baby wipes and diapers, as well as a roster of other baby care products and bathroom tissues.
Kimberly-Clark said net selling prices in the U.S. and Canada for its Huggies baby wipes and diapers, Pull-Ups training pants and GoodNites youth pants would increase between 3% and 7%, on average.
The price hikes were set to go into effect between June 19 and Aug. 17 of this year.Additionally, Kimberly-Clark will raise net selling prices in the U.S. for Cottonelle and Scott 1000 bathroom tissue products by around 7%, effective June 19. Price increases will vary by brand and pack size, the company said. Then in April, Kimberly-Clark said higher costs for materials like wood pulp led to an 8.9% decline in its quarterly profit, and that the maker of Kleenex tissues will once again look to pass on those higher costs to consumers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV