McCormick's (MKC) Spices
Even consumers who choose to cook at home, rather than spend money dining out, are feeling the pinch.
The maker of spices, herbs, seasoning blends and sauces faced higher costs for commodities such as wheat and soybean oil, as well as increased expenses for plastics and another packaging materials.McCormick, which sells spices under the Lawry's and Old Bay labels as well as its namesake brand, expects its own costs to rise between 7% and 8% this year. McCormick raised consumer prices on both its brand-name and private-label products, so even consumers trading down to those lower-priced private label varieties are still paying more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV