(KFT) Maxwell House and Other Food Brands
Kraft Foods raised prices worldwide in the fourth quarter of last year.
Then in May Kraft hiked the price of its Maxwell House coffee by 22%, or 70 cents per pound, the largest of four price increases in a year.
Kraft's consumer prices have soared around 56% since May 2010.Also in May, Kraft said it raised its product prices by 3.7%, hoping to offset a 7% surge in ingredient costs. Kraft, the maker of popular consumer food products under the Nabisco, Oscar Meyer, Cool Whip, Jell-O, Dentyne and Wheat Thins brands, among many others, may raise prices again this year as commodity costs continue to rise, according to June 3 reports. "We've implemented a first round of pricing; however, at current cost levels, further pricing may be necessary later in the year," management said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV