Aberdeen Asset Management Inc. celebrates 25 years of investing in the Asia-Pacific region with today’s closing bell ceremony at the New York Stock Exchange. Aberdeen’s U.S. fund directors, executives and guests visit the exchange to honor the Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. (NYSE: FAX) and the Aberdeen Australia Equity Fund, Inc. (NYSE: IAF).
Opportunities in Asia-Pacific Region
“U.S. investors are increasingly seeking to diversify their investments into global markets. Our investors in the Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund have been at the forefront of this trend for 25 years," noted Gerry Malone, Chairman of Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income Fund, Inc. "We believe Asia and Australia are some of the world's most dynamic economic regions, which positions FAX to continue to provide an attractive income opportunity for investors."
About the Aberdeen Asia-Pacific Income, Fund Inc. (NYSE: FAX)
- The fund invests $2.6 billion on behalf of clients (as of May 2011)
- Launched in 1986, the fund invested exclusively in Australia and New Zealand bonds; the fund expanded to Asian bonds in 1997.
- 67.3% of the funds assets are rated, or judged by the Investment Manager to be “A” or better
- 44.2% invested in Australian securities; 51.4% in Asian bonds and the remaining investing in companies primarily conducting business in the Asia-Pacific region.
- For more information, including current portfolio manager commentary, visit http://www.aberdeenfax.com/
- A short five minute film celebrating this fund’s anniversary may be watched at www.aberdeenfax.tv
- Launched in 1985, the fund invests exclusively in Australian securities.
- 97.5% of assets are invested in stocks included in the Australian Stock Exchange’s 200 Leaders Index.
- The fund invests $272 million on behalf of clients (as of May 2011)
- For more information, including current portfolio manager commentary, visit http://www.aberdeeniaf.com/