2. Deere & Company (DE), through its subsidiaries, operates in three business segments: Agriculture and Turf, Construction and Forestry, and Credit.
For the second quarter of 2011, net income increased 65% to $904.3 million ($2.12 per share), from $547.5 million ($1.28 per share) in the same quarter 2010. Sales were up 25% to $8.9 billion. Agriculture and Turf operations reported a 24% rise in sales, while the Construction and Forestry segment saw sales increase by 46%.
For the second quarter, the company increased its dividend to 41 cents per share, boosting 6 cents or 17% per share from the earlier level. The dividend is payable on June 30, 2011. Besides, Deere plans to build a factory to manufacture engines for its equipment manufactured in China. With the factory slated to begin production in late 2013, the investment would be close to $60 million.For the third quarter of 2011, equipment sales are forecast 20% higher than the same period a year ago. For full year 2011, the company has raised its net income guidance to about $2.65 billion. Deere's equipment sales are estimated to grow by 21% to 23% from the prior year. Of the 18 analysts covering the stock, 72% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. According to Bloombergconsensus, the stock is likely to gain an average 30.4% to $106.55 in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV