4. PACCAR (PCAR) engages in the design, manufacture and support of light, medium and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF brands. Broadly, the company's major operating segments are design, manufacture, and distribution of light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks and related aftermarket parts, finance and leasing products and services to customers and dealers.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2011 came in at $3.04 billion as compared to $1.98 billion in the same quarter of the earlier year. Net income for the current quarter more than doubled to $193.3 million or 53 cents per share from $68.3 million or 19 cents per share in year-ago quarter.
PACCAR Leasing Company, part of the PACCAR group, continues to expand its franchise network in North America with the addition of four locations in the U.S., in an effort to find more ways to serve its customers and markets. In mid-May, the company went ex-dividend and paid a dividend of 12 cents per share.PACCAR recently said that it plans to invest almost $200 million over a span of two years in Brazil to build a truck manufacturing plant to cater to the strong demand in the region. The plant would produce three models of trucks under its DAF nameplate. Of the 19 analysts covering the stock, 37% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. According to Bloomberg consensus, the stock is expected to gain an average 26.4% to $60.31 over the next 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV