TLT: iShares Barclays 20 Year Plus Treasury ETF (TLT) is one of the most popular trading issues available, and like IEF, also has leveraged and inverse issues available for traders from ProShares and similar issues from Direxion. Begun in July 2002, it has been the most watched and traded fixed income ETF.
AUM exceeds $3.2 billion, average daily trading volume is more than 8 million shares, the current yield is 4.25% and the 1-year return through June 2011 is 6.21%. The expense ratio is .15%.
Competitors include Vanguard's VGLT (Barclays Capital U.S. Long Government Bond ETF) launched in November 2009 and the index includes fixed-income securities and U.S. Treasury, U.S. government agencies as well as corporate debt guaranteed by the U.S. government and has maturities beyond 10 years. The expense ratio is .15%, AUM equal $27 million, average daily trading volume is a low 10,000 shares, current yield is 3.64% and the 1-year return is 6.60%.Data as of May 2011
TLT Top Ten Holdings & Weightings
US Treasury Bond 4.625%: 10.52%
US Treasury Bond 4.375%: 10.17%
US Treasury Bond 4.375%: 10.02%
US Treasury Bond 4.25%: 9.96%
US Treasury Bond 3.875%: 9.39%
US Treasury Bond 4.5%: 8.59%
US Treasury Bond 4.75%: 7.75%
US Treasury Bond 4.25%: 7.32%
US Treasury Bond 4.5%: 5.83%
US Treasury Bond 3.5%: 5.03%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV