10 Stocks to Watch: Temple-Inland
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Packaging company Temple-Inland (TIN) was surging 44.5% to $30.35 in premarket trading Tuesday after becoming the target of an aggressive, $3 billion hostile bid from International Paper (IP). International Paper shares were up 3.9% to $30.80.
Pep Boys (PBY) was dropping 12.5% to $11.81 after the autoparts retailer and services provider missed Wall Street's consensus estimate for its first-quarter results.
ING Group (ING) was rising 2.8% to $11.96 as Bloomberg reported that General Electric (GE) and Capital One Financial (COF) submitted offers for ING's U.S. online bank last week in a sale that may generate proceeds of about $9 billion.
Ford's ( F) CEO Alan Mulally is expected to reveal on Tuesday an aggressive plan to boost the automaker's global sales to 8 million vehicles a year from 5.3 million by the middle of the decade. Shares were rising 1.6% to $14.13.
HSBC (HBC) has agreed to pay $62.5 million to a group of investors in a legal settlement over investments lost in connection to the Bernard Madoff fraud case. Shares were up 0.5% to $51.21.
The auction of diagnostics products company Gen-Probe ( GPRO) drew to a close Monday with most bidders dropping out, The Wall Street Journal reported.
Red Bank, N.J.-based home builder Hovnanian Enterprises ( HOV) reports its fiscal second-quarter results after Tuesday's closing bell. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters is for a loss of 51 cents a share in the April-ended period on revenue of $263 million. >>Search for Highest Dividends by Rate or Yield
|More on Earnings Today's Top Earnings|
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Andrea Tse. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Andrea Tse. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV