Grupo Televisa S.A. Stock Downgraded (TV)
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income has decreased by 15.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $86.13 million to $73.06 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.22 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Regardless of the company's weak debt-to-equity ratio, TV has managed to keep a strong quick ratio of 1.76, which demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- 49.10% is the gross profit margin for GRUPO TELEVISA SAB which we consider to be strong. Regardless of TV's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.60% trails the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, GRUPO TELEVISA SAB's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 11.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 12.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts