There is a lot of worry about uranium stocks following the German decision to abandon their nuclear plans as well as the nuclear meltdown tragedy in Japan. So why do you like Uranium Energy Corp. (UEC) as well as UR-Energy (URG)?
Berol: Uranium Energy Corp. is producing and UR-Energy expects to in the next year or so. There is still a great demand for uranium to fuel nuclear plants around the world, both the existing ones and the ones coming online. The Germans said they will phase them out over the next 11 years and the Japanese have taken some offline, but there is still a supply/demand imbalance for uranium that should bode well for prices.
-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV