MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- A rare tornado in Massachusetts last week increased the death and destruction for this year's storm season. Considering we have yet to reach hurricane season, we could be on the verge of some truly earth-shattering numbers this year. The human and economic impact is already large and getting larger.
What about the impact on stocks? Could Mother Nature's wrath provide an opportunity for traders and investors?
With property and casualty insurance stocks, the knee-jerk reaction here is to sell, under the assumption that higher-than-anticipated storm damage will eat into future profits. Let's look beyond that obvious analysis today and take a deeper look at stocks in this category to determine where investors should go from here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV