MINNEAPOLIS (Stockpickr) -- A rare tornado in Massachusetts last week increased the death and destruction for this year's storm season. Considering we have yet to reach hurricane season, we could be on the verge of some truly earth-shattering numbers this year. The human and economic impact is already large and getting larger.
What about the impact on stocks? Could Mother Nature's wrath provide an opportunity for traders and investors?
With property and casualty insurance stocks, the knee-jerk reaction here is to sell, under the assumption that higher-than-anticipated storm damage will eat into future profits. Let's look beyond that obvious analysis today and take a deeper look at stocks in this category to determine where investors should go from here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV