How would a big drop in oil prices affect your fund?
Fulmer: Since the pipelines are only in the business of transporting the commodities, they don't take title to them. So whether oil is selling for $120 or $20 a barrel, it does not matter to us. One of the analogies we like to use is this: Picture going through an energy tollbooth, much like a tollbooth on a highway. Whether you are driving a Bentley or a Buick, it does not matter because you are going to be paying the same tariff. And that's where the cash flows from these master limited partnerships are being derived from.
-- Reported by Gregg Greenberg in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV