SAN FRANCISCO ( TheStreet) -- Early Monday, Apple (AAPL) CEO Steve Jobs and his exec team took the stage at the Moscone West convention center in San Francisco to announce a lineup of new software products.
Jobs' keynote speech, the opening ceremony to the firm's World Wide Developers' Conference, focused on the new iOS 5; Lion, the new Mac OS X; and iCloud, Apple's hotly-anticipated cloud-based service aimed to streamline access to user files on all Mac devices.
Among the more interesting tidbits: iMessage, or integrated messaging across all iOS devices that includes the ability to share text, photos, videos, contacts and group messaging.Much to tech watchers' dismay, there was no word on an iPhone update -- WWDC usually serves as the launchpad for Apple's latest phone iteration. Click above to read our recap of the event, which was hosted by TheStreet's James Rogers and CIO Daniel Flax in San Francisco.
--Written by James Rogers and TheStreet's CIO Daniel Flax in San Francisco, with TheStreet's tech team contributing from New York.
>To follow the writers on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/TheStreet_tech. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV