BEDMINSTER, N.J., June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- GAIN Capital Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: GCAP), a global provider of online trading services, announced today the launch of an enhanced Android mobile trading app for its retail division, FOREX.com.
The new version of the app is now available in three languages: English, Russian and Japanese, and features enhanced charting tools, expanded research content and a new "Learn" section.
"FOREX.com's mobile trading volume increased 418 percent in Q1 2011 compared to the same period last year," said Samantha Roady, chief marketing officer at GAIN Capital. "We expect the high growth rate to continue, especially now that we have a native app for the fastest growing mobile operating system in the world."
According to research firm Gartner, Android devices were the top selling smartphones worldwide in Q1 2011, accounting for 36% of sales, versus 9% from a year ago.FOREXTrader for Android features:
- Real-time currency rates and charts for over 50 currency pairs, contracts for difference (CFDs), commodities and major equity indices*;
- Multiple order types, including market, limit, stop, One Cancels Others (OCO), If Then, If Then / OCO and Trailing Stop;
- High-resolution tick charts including candlestick, bar and line. Portrait or full-screen landscape displays with seven time intervals and "touch-and-hold" for precise time indicator. Trade directly from the chart;
- Market research and commentary and an advanced economic calendar;
- Real-time newsfeed from Dow Jones;
- "Learn" section, including video tutorials, reference materials and more;