Malaysia Airlines And UATP Signing Ceremony
SINGAPORE, June 6, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- IATA AGM -- Malaysia Airlines, through its travel and tour arm MASHolidays, today applied to Universal Air Travel Plan (UATP) to become a UATP Shareholder and Issuer.
Malaysia Airlines' Executive Vice President (Commercial Strategy) Dato' Dr Amin Khan and K. David Holmes, Vice President Global Sales signed the agreement to the effect, witnessed by Malaysia Airlines' Chairman Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid and UATP's CEO and President, Ralph Kaiser.
"UATP is the card of choice for corporate travellers and Malaysia Airlines can now accelerate its corporate market share growth by utilizing this leading payment network in the industry," said Dr Munir Majid. "We intend to become a UATP Shareholder immediately and will focus on global issuance of a Malaysia Airlines UATP programme in the near future."Dr Amin Khan said, "As growing our corporate market share is a strategic initiative for improving our yields and load factors for profitability, we are partnering with UATP to help us achieve this objective. We will be able to utilize the expertise of UATP products and services to further develop our own programmes to match the customers' demand for more travel payment options." Ralph Kaiser, president and CEO, UATP stated, "We are excited that Malaysia Airlines has signed to become an Issuer and will use the UATP Network to meet its travel payment needs." He continued, "We look forward to Malaysia Airlines coming on board and to helping them continue with their pattern of growth." Air travelers now have yet another payment option for their ticketing with Malaysia Airlines when they become the airline's UATP account holders. With this membership, they will receive state-of-the-art air travel activity through detailed informational reporting.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV