PowerShares Dynamic Retail Portfolio (PMR) -4.4%
Retailers ran into steep headwinds this week as the string of disappointing economic data reports weighed heavily on investor outlooks. PMR's quick, steep three-day decline sent shares tumbling back to levels last seen at the start of April.
Despite its poor action this week, the retail industry remains a point of interest. As the consumer continues to recover, the companies underlying funds like PMR and SPDR S&P Retail ETF (XRT) could exhibit some strength.
SPDR KBW Bank ETF (KBE) -4.2%The spattering of weak economic data weighed heavily on the financial industry, pushing KBE to industry-leading losses. KBE's index is designed to take a broad approach to this corner of the marketplace, exposing investors to both Wall Street giants and smaller, more volatile regional institutions. Banking goliaths such as Wells Fargo (WFC) and Bank of America (BAC) faced added pressure this week following reports that Moody's (MCO) was placing them on review for a possible downgrade. Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV