ASCO '11: Roche, Avastin and Ovarian Cancer
"It's too early to reach firm conclusions about the full extent of the overall survival benefit of adding bevacizumab
At a previous medical meeting, researchers reported that treatment with Avastin and chemotherapy extended the time before tumors progressed compared to chemotherapy alone -- achieving the study's primary endpoint.
Genentech intends to seek approval for Avastin in ovarian cancer later this year, pending discussions with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration over how much survival data will be necessary before the drug can be reviewed and potentially approved, said Genentech spokesperson Krysta Pellegrino.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV