Molson Coors Brewing
International brewing company Molson Coors Brewing (TAP) is one of the biggest names in beer, with names such as Coors Light, Molson, Blue Moon and Keystone sitting in its cooler. While league leader Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) remains the biggest threat to the $8.3 billion beer maker, a series of mergers and joint ventures have strengthened this firm's operations immensely in the last few years.
Molson Coors' recent 14.3% dividend hike should keep this stock on income investors' radar.The biggest tailwind in Molson Coors' favor is the joint venture the firm entered into with SABMiller (SBMRY) in 2008 -- the combined firm is responsible for selling both Molson Coors and Miller brands in the U.S., generating $315 million in annual savings for Molson Coors and helping the company to compete against much larger Anheuser. Also in investors' favor is Molson Coors' exposure to international markets. Massive exposure to Canada is likely to provide some currency exchange benefits for investors given the external pressures on the dollar right now. The same is true of the firm's business in the U.K. Expect to parlay CAD or GBP strength into dividends in 2011. Molson Coors is one of the top holdings of The Children's Investment Fund, comprising 5.8% of its total portfolio as of the most recently reported period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV