3. Grupo Financiero Galicia (GGAL) is an Argentina-based financial holding company. Grupo holds 94.8% stake in Banco Galicia and 87.5% in Sudamericana Holding.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 stood at $56 million, up from $12.7 million in the same period last year.
As of March 31, 2011, the bank's market share of loans was 9.07%, rising 1.23% from the same period in 2010. For deposits, the market share was 8.44%, expanding 43 basis points from the year-ago period.Higher profitability improved the bank's return ratios. Grupo Galicia's return on average assets for the quarter was 2.98% compared to 1.07% in the first quarter of 2010. Return on average shareholders' equity stood at 35.34% vs. 10% in the March quarter of 2010. The stock is trading at 6.8 times its 2011 earnings and has the potential to deliver up to 79% over the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV