4. Credicorp (BAP) is a Peru-based leading financial services holding company. The company principally operates in the commercial banking, insurance, and investment banking segments.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 stood at $175 million, up 35% from the same period last year. A better-than-expected retail loan pick-up and higher yields on liquid assets improved net interest income by 26% to $310 million in the March quarter. Retail loans boosted overall credit numbers, while total loans surged 23% in March quarter compared to same period last year. Net interest margin recovered marginally to 4.8% in 2011 first quarter from 4.6% in 2010 fourth quarter.
A 14% quarter-over-quarter drop in provisions declined the provision coverage to 189.5% from 198% in the fourth quarter of 2010.Operating efficiencies improved to 40.1% as the company managed to rationalize its operating expenses. The stock is trading at 11.7 times its 2011 earnings with a potential to deliver up to 32% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV