6. Banco Latinoamericano de Comercio Exterior (BLX) is a Panama-based supranational bank established by the Central Banks of Latin American and Caribbean countries to support trade finance in the region.
During the first quarter of 2011, net income was $16.3 million, a 61% increase compared to the first quarter of 2010 on improved growth in its commercial portfolio and its investment fund.
The bank's commercial portfolio grew $1.5 billion, or 47% year-over-year in the March quarter. Credit disbursements amounted to $2.3 billion in the first quarter as against $1.3 billion in the same period of the prior year.Funding costs improved both year-over-year and sequentially as weighted average funding cost in the first quarter 2011 was 1.09%, narrowing 34 bps from the year-ago quarter, and contracting 8 bps from the fourth quarter of 2010. The bank's March quarter efficiency ratio improved to 40% from 62% in the first quarter of 2010. The stock has analysts' buy ratings of 75% and is likely to deliver 20% in the next one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV