EyeMed Vision Care, one of the nation’s leading vision benefits companies and part of Luxottica (NYSE: LUX), a leader in vision care and eyewear, introduces a first-to-market vision benefit that is tailored to meet the unique needs of children 18 years and younger and supports their active lifestyle.
The EyeMed KidsEyes benefit features:
- Two funded eye exams within the same benefit year
- One additional covered pair of eyeglass lenses if the child’s vision changes within the benefit year
- Polycarbonate lenses
- Photochromic lenses
- Contact lens professional services (fit and follow-up)
- 40 percent discount off additional pairs of prescription glasses including broken or lost eyeglasses
- 20 percent discount off sports-related eyewear and non-prescription sunglasses at participating EyeMed providers to protect children’s eyes from impact and UV rays
“At EyeMed, we believe children should have access to more frequent eye exams when their eyes are changing, and use optimal lens materials designed to protect their eyes,” said John Lahr, O.D., FAAO, medical director at EyeMed Vision Care. “Children may not realize that their vision requires correction. The unfortunate truth is that about half of all American children have not had a complete eye exam.” 1
The American Optometric Association reports 80 percent of what we learn comes through the visual processing of information. And, one in every four children has a vision problem that can interfere with learning and behavior. 2“It’s important to encourage younger people to keep their vision clear and in focus, and to use good eye health habits including safety, UV protection and proper contact lens usage,” Lahr said. “Impact-resistant, polycarbonate lenses are designed to hold up to rough-and-tumble play and sports, and many eyecare professionals insist on such lenses for children’s eyeglasses for safety reasons. EyeMed is the first managed vision company to offer such a benefit focused on children.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV