As mobile payments technology becomes more refined, smartphones are likely to become more "location aware," says Mazooma's president, Wilson Lee, which means as consumers pass by establishments, merchants will eventually have capabilities to identify and offer instant coupons and deals.
"The old traditional kind of e-commerce sites that people are used to are not optimized for the Gen-Y crowd," who are a lot more tech-savvy and social media-inclined, Lee says.
Stephen Burke, vice president of Resource Interactive's mobile practice, says mobile strategies could be most effective for establishments that have frequent repeat business or as a way to stand out against the competition."Bigger players are going to be able to help create the
Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV