NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Mobile payments technology is a hot area these days, with everyone from Visa (V) to Google (GOOG) to small firms such as Square jockeying for position on the mobile-offering bandwagon.
While the jury is still out on dominant players or best practices, small-business owners need to start educating themselves on mobile strategy -- if they haven't done so already.
"There are tons of tangible benefits already and we're just at the beginning of the benefits," says Chris Battles, head of product management for Intuit's (INTU) Payments Solutions.
Intuit offers small businesses its GoPayment system, basically a credit card reader that attaches to a smartphone. The transaction can be downloaded into Intuit's QuickBooks financial software for businesses."The value of the small business is going to continue to increase as the power of these devices are deployed ... to help them with customer management, loyalty
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV