2. Summer Infant (SUMR) is a designer, marketer, and distributor of juvenile health, safety and wellness products, which are sold to North American and U.K. retailers. The company has more than 80 products in various categories including nursery audio/video monitors, safety gates, durable bath products, bed rails, bouncers, and a product line of soft goods/bedding. The stock has a beta of 0.69
During the first quarter of 2011, revenue surged 32.5% to $58.5 million from $44.1 million, driven by gains across most product categories, with particular strength in the furniture segment due to increased crib placements at several retailers. Over 30% growth was realized in the U.S. market as well as through international operations.
Net income for the first quarter of 2011 was $1.2 million, or 7 cents per share, compared to $1.8 million, or 11 cents per share, in the first quarter of 2010. On a non-GAAP basis, excluding $0.8 million of pre-tax charges relating to the video monitor re-labeling and deal fees associated with the BornFree acquisition, adjusted net income was $1.8 million, or 11 cents per diluted share.Going forward, the company expects full year 2011 revenue to be at least $235 million, up from its earlier estimated $220 million. Diluted earnings per share are projected to be at least 61 cents, excluding deal fees and transition costs. Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 89% recommend a buy and the remaining rate it a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 40.9% upside to $11.40 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV