3. Lifeway Foods (LWAY - Get Report) is engaged in the manufacture of probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health foods. Lifeway's primary product is kefir, a drinkable dairy beverage similar to but distinct from yogurt. The stock has a beta of 0.62
For the first quarter of 2011, the company reported 16.2% growth in revenue to $17.3 million from $14.9 million in the year-ago period, primarily attributable to improved sales and awareness of its flagship line Kefir, as well as ProBugs Organic Kefir for kids. Gross profit margin stood at 42.05%, while operating margin was 18.87%. Net income rose to $1.9 million, or 12 cents per share, as compared to $1.7 million, or 11 cents per share, in 2010 first quarter.
Going forward, the company expects record sales and profitability during fiscal 2011.Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 19.8% upside to $12.15 in value from current levels.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts