3. Lifeway Foods (LWAY) is engaged in the manufacture of probiotic, cultured, functional dairy and non-dairy health foods. Lifeway's primary product is kefir, a drinkable dairy beverage similar to but distinct from yogurt. The stock has a beta of 0.62
For the first quarter of 2011, the company reported 16.2% growth in revenue to $17.3 million from $14.9 million in the year-ago period, primarily attributable to improved sales and awareness of its flagship line Kefir, as well as ProBugs Organic Kefir for kids. Gross profit margin stood at 42.05%, while operating margin was 18.87%. Net income rose to $1.9 million, or 12 cents per share, as compared to $1.7 million, or 11 cents per share, in 2010 first quarter.
Going forward, the company expects record sales and profitability during fiscal 2011.Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 19.8% upside to $12.15 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV