6. McCormick & Company (MKC) engages in the manufacture, marketing and distribution of spices, seasonings, specialty foods and flavorings to the food industry. Its sales, distribution and production facilities are in North America and Europe. The company operates in two business segments: consumer and industrial. The stock has a beta of 0.60
For the first quarter of 2011, the company reported earnings of $76.8 million, or 57 cents per share, compared to $67.9 million, or 51 cents per share, in the year-ago quarter. Revenue for the period increased 2.4% year-over-year to $782.8 million from $764.5 million, because of pricing action taken in response to increased raw material and packaging material costs. Cash and cash equivalents soared to $40.6 million from $21.9 million in the comparable period of last year.
The company recently announced that it has signed a joint venture agreement with Kohinoor Foods Ltd (KFL) to market and sell its basmati rice and food products in India. The agreement is expected to close later in 2011, subject to regulatory and other approvals in India. McCormick will invest a total of $115 million, which includes an 85% interest in the JV.Of the 15 analysts covering the stock, 47% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts estimate 5.7% upside to $52.50 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV