8. Black Diamond (BDE) develops, manufactures and globally distributes a broad range of products, including rock-climbing equipment (such as carabiners, protection devices, harnesses, belay devices, helmets, and ice-climbing gear), technical backpacks and high-end day packs, tents, trekking poles, headlamps and lanterns, gloves and mittens, and ski equipment. The stock has a low beta of 0.43
During the first quarter ended March 2011, net sales rose 18% to $39.1 million compared to pro forma sales of $33.1 million in the prior-year quarter. Net income totaled $1.2 million, or 5 cents per share; adjusted net income before non-cash items was $4.4 million, or 20 cents per share; and adjusted EBITDA totaled $4.6 million. Lastly, cash and cash equivalents surged to $5.2 million from $2.8 million at the end of Dec. 2010.
During the quarter, the company successfully completed the integration of Black Diamond Equipment and Gregory Mountain Products.Of the three analysts covering the stock, 67% recommend a buy, while the remaining rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. On average, analysts foresee 9% upside to $9 in value from current levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV