- Reasonable Weight Loss/Maintenance: The PointsPlus system is a simple counting method that produces weight loss at the recommended rate while guiding people to food choices that are healthy and filling. It makes the smart choice the easy and preferred choice.
- Nutrient-Dense Best Bets: Power Foods, an important element of the PointsPlus program, provide an easy way to identify the best food choices among similar foods; for example, those foods with higher eating satisfaction, lower sugar, lower sodium, healthier fat and more fiber than similar foods – key nutrients highlighted in the Dietary Guidelines.
- Foods to Increase: As do the new Guidelines, the PointsPlus program emphasizes whole grains, a variety of healthful proteins, and vegetables and fruits – nutrient-rich foods too often in short supply in Americans’ diets. In fact, all fruit and most vegetables now have zero PointsPlus values.
- Behavior Change: For the first time, the government emphasizes that environment and behavior modification are key to making the lifestyle changes – a reality in line with the fundamentals of the Weight Watchers approach, that weight loss is built on healthy eating, physical activity, behavior modification and a supportive environment.
Weight Watchers Congratulates USDA On Trading The Pyramid For The Plate
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.