Borders® Offers A Total EReading Experience With Kobo-branded EBook Store, Latest Kobo Apps, Borders EReading Blog, EBook Club
ANN ARBOR, Mich., June 2, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Borders® today announced an important milestone in its overall digital strategy. Through an expanded partnership with Kobo, Borders is now offering customers access to one of the premiere eReading experiences in the industry via the Kobo eBook store, one of the largest stores worldwide, and Kobo apps that offer a unique social reading experience. The company also announced a newly launched eReading Blog and eBook club, giving the eReading community great eBook deals, rich book-driven conversations, access to guest authors, and the opportunity to indulge their love of eReading when and how they want to.
"As a trusted authority in books, Borders is excited to team with Kobo, a global leader in eReading, to expand and enhance access to rich digital content, industry leading eReading apps and eReading devices with cutting-edge technology," said Borders, Inc. CEO Mike Edwards. "Borders and Kobo will continue to work with global eReader brands to provide a superior eReading experience to readers worldwide."
Kobo eBook store, apps available now on Borders.comBeginning today, customers can visit Borders.com and easily download the latest free Kobo eReading apps, transition their existing Borders eBook library to their new Kobo library, or start a new account with Kobo. Customers who register for a free Kobo account or bring their Borders eBook library to Kobo will be entered into a contest to win one of 10 $500 Kobo eGift cards. The contest runs through August 31, 2011. The free Kobo eReading apps are available for the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, Android smartphones and tablets, Blackberry® smartphones and the Blackberry® PlayBooks as well as PC and Mac computers. Borders today sells the industry leading Kobo Wireless eReader and is now accepting pre-orders for the all new Kobo eReader Touch Edition, and expects customers will have the device in time for Father's Day. With the Kobo eReading experience offered though Borders, customers can enjoy:
- Access to popular newspapers and magazines — in addition to millions of ebooks, from the NYT's bestseller list, the hottest new releases, thrillers and romance to Oprah's Picks and more, delivered right to their devices;
- A unique and engaging social reading experience with Kobo's "Reading Life" available via the Kobo apps, allowing customers to earn awards for reading and share quotes and selections from the books they are reading with friends on Facebook and Twitter;
- Exclusive eBook offers including great discounts on new releases;
- App updates and new eReading features upon release;
- The option to gift eBooks to family and friends;
- The ability to borrow eBooks from local libraries;
- Easy library access — Borders and Kobo eBooks will be safely stored in the customer's library.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV