4. Metals USA Holdings (MUSA) provides processed carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, red metals and manufactured metal components. The company's operations are structured into three groups: plates and shapes, flat-rolled and non-ferrous, and building products.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2011 increased 50% to $432.3 million from the year-ago quarter. Net income stood at $12.4 million or 33 cents per share, compared to $0.1 million or breakeven per share in the first quarter of 2010. Metal shipments for the quarter were up 48%, including shipments from the company's acquisitions made during the first quarter of 2011.
Pursuant to its strategy to strengthen its position in the national steel and metals industry, Metals USA has been integrating its purchases and is vying for a few more acquisitions in the future to gain market share. The company's CEO recently said that the integration of its acquired entities -- J. Rubin, Rockford, Ill.; Ohio River Metal Services, Jeffersonville, Ind.; and Richardson Trident - is on target and the company is achieving its identified synergies.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 78% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. The stock's average 12-month price target is $21.25, about 38.6% higher than the current price, as per analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV