4. Metals USA Holdings (MUSA) provides processed carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum, red metals and manufactured metal components. The company's operations are structured into three groups: plates and shapes, flat-rolled and non-ferrous, and building products.
Net sales for the first quarter of 2011 increased 50% to $432.3 million from the year-ago quarter. Net income stood at $12.4 million or 33 cents per share, compared to $0.1 million or breakeven per share in the first quarter of 2010. Metal shipments for the quarter were up 48%, including shipments from the company's acquisitions made during the first quarter of 2011.
Pursuant to its strategy to strengthen its position in the national steel and metals industry, Metals USA has been integrating its purchases and is vying for a few more acquisitions in the future to gain market share. The company's CEO recently said that the integration of its acquired entities -- J. Rubin, Rockford, Ill.; Ohio River Metal Services, Jeffersonville, Ind.; and Richardson Trident - is on target and the company is achieving its identified synergies.Of the nine analysts covering the stock, 78% recommend a buy and the rest rate a hold. There are no sell ratings on the stock. The stock's average 12-month price target is $21.25, about 38.6% higher than the current price, as per analysts surveyed by Bloomberg.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV