7. Universal Stainless & Alloy Products (USAP), along with its wholly owned subsidiaries, manufactures and markets semi-finished and finished specialty steel products, including stainless steel, tool steel and certain other alloyed steels. Its products are sold to re-rollers, forgers, service centers, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and wire re-drawers for further use in the aerospace, power generation, petrochemical and heavy equipment manufacturing industries.
For the first quarter of 2011, net sales surged 72% to $59.8 million from the year-ago period. Net income for the quarter tripled to $4.4 million or 64 cents per share, compared to $1.4 million or 21 cents per share earlier, beating analysts' estimates for the sixth consecutive quarter.
For the first quarter 2011, total shipments grew 54% year-over-year and 15% sequentially. At the end of the first quarter of 2011, the company's backlog was $92 million, up 33% from the fourth quarter of 2010, reflecting strong performance in the second quarter of 2011.Of the four analysts covering the stock, 75% recommend a buy and the remaining rate a hold. Data from Bloomberg has analysts reporting an average 12-month price target of $43.33, which is 26.2% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV