9. Allegheny Technologies (ATI) is a diversified specialty metals producer with products ranging from alloys and product forms. The company is focused on its innovative technologies and incomparable manufacturing capabilities to offer the global end-use markets diversified and specialty products.
With a current dividend yield of 1.06%, data from Reuters estimates ATI's five-year dividend growth rate at 20.79% as compared to the industry average of 17.77%. The company has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 18 cents per share payable June 17, 2011. Recently, ATI announced that it has completed the acquisition of Ladish, which will now operate as part of its High Performance Metals Group. As per the agreement, each outstanding share of Ladish common stock has been converted into the right to receive $24 in cash and 0.4556 of a share of ATI common stock.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company's sales were up 36% to $1.2 billion from the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter stood at $56.3 million or 54 cents per share, compared to $18.2 million or 18 cents per share in the prior-year quarter. At the end of the first quarter of 2011, backlog for the company's High Performance Metals segment was above $742 million. Going forward, the company estimates revenue to grow between 15% and 20% from 2010 levels. Also, with continuous cost structure improvements, it targets $100 million in gross cost reduction.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 70% recommend a buy and 10% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg estimate 17.7% potential upside to $76.50 from current levels, in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV