9. Allegheny Technologies (ATI) is a diversified specialty metals producer with products ranging from alloys and product forms. The company is focused on its innovative technologies and incomparable manufacturing capabilities to offer the global end-use markets diversified and specialty products.
With a current dividend yield of 1.06%, data from Reuters estimates ATI's five-year dividend growth rate at 20.79% as compared to the industry average of 17.77%. The company has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of 18 cents per share payable June 17, 2011. Recently, ATI announced that it has completed the acquisition of Ladish, which will now operate as part of its High Performance Metals Group. As per the agreement, each outstanding share of Ladish common stock has been converted into the right to receive $24 in cash and 0.4556 of a share of ATI common stock.
For the first quarter of 2011, the company's sales were up 36% to $1.2 billion from the year-ago quarter. Net income for the quarter stood at $56.3 million or 54 cents per share, compared to $18.2 million or 18 cents per share in the prior-year quarter. At the end of the first quarter of 2011, backlog for the company's High Performance Metals segment was above $742 million. Going forward, the company estimates revenue to grow between 15% and 20% from 2010 levels. Also, with continuous cost structure improvements, it targets $100 million in gross cost reduction.Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 70% recommend a buy and 10% rate a hold. Analysts polled by Bloomberg estimate 17.7% potential upside to $76.50 from current levels, in the upcoming 12 months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV