10. Carpenter Technology (CRS) engages in the manufacture, fabrication and distribution of specialty metals with its operations structured into two main reportable segments: Advanced Metals and Premium Alloys. The company provides material solutions to the aerospace, industrial, energy, medical, consumer products and automotive industries.
For the third quarter of 2011, the company recorded net income of $28.6 million or 64 cents per share, compared to $2.1 million or 5 cents per share in the year-ago period. Meanwhile, net sales for the same period soared 37.8% to $464.2 million with sales for Premium Alloys and Advanced Materials increasing 47% and 13%, respectively. Currently, CRS has a dividend yield of 1.69%.
For the upcoming fourth quarter and full year 2011, the company estimates to achieve its earlier growth and earnings targets. On the forecast of higher demand in the upcoming months, the company will expand downstream capacity further and expects to incur capital spending of $150 to $200 million for fiscal 2012.Early May 2011, the company announced a significant expansion project at its Reading, Pa. facility. The expansion will allow for the installation of two additional Electroslag Remelting Furnaces (ESR) and increase capacity for Forge Finishing and Annealing operations. Of the 10 analysts covering the stock, 50% recommend a buy while 40% rate a hold on it. Analysts polled by Bloomberg envisage an average 12-month price target of $54.50 -- about 6.8% higher than the stock's current price.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV