(Education stocks and final gainful employment ruling report updated with additional commentary).
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) --
Analysts largely viewed the final ruling as less strict than expected for for-profit education providers -- many schools won't have to institute complete overhauls of their business practices as first feared -- lifting stocks in the sector much higher in early trading.
Stocks in the sector surged on Thursday following the DOE's announcement. By Friday however, investors were cashing in on their gains ahead of the weekend.
Everest Colleges' parent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV