Aviva plc (“Aviva”) announces that it has appointed Trevor Matthews as CEO of its UK region and as an executive director of Aviva, subject to FSA approval. Trevor will replace Mark Hodges who has today resigned from the board of Aviva plc to join Towergate Insurance as its group chief executive.
Trevor Matthews is currently vice chairman of Friends Life and was previously CEO of Friends Provident Holdings (UK) plc. Amongst other senior positions, he was also chief executive of Standard Life’s UK life and pensions business, managing director of Legal & General in Australia and is currently Chairman of the Financial Skills Partnership in the UK.
Andrew Moss, group chief executive of Aviva, said:
“After a successful career at Aviva I am very sorry to see Mark leave, but we understand that he wishes to take on a different challenge at this stage in his career. We wish him well in his new position.“I am delighted that Trevor Matthews has agreed to join Aviva as the UK CEO and as an executive director. Trevor has an outstanding track record of achievement in insurance globally and will be a strong addition to our leadership team.’’ Trevor Matthews said: “It is a privilege to join Andrew Moss and the Aviva leadership team. Aviva is a business that I have always admired and seen as a formidable competitor in my previous roles. Over the coming years I am confident that Aviva UK will continue to strengthen its position as the country’s undisputed leader in insurance.” Trevor Matthews will join Aviva as soon as possible. David Barral, CEO UK Life, and David McMillan, CEO UK General Insurance, will continue to run Aviva’s market leading insurance operations in the UK with responsibility for driving forward plans to further improve profitability, expand distribution and effectively serve customers’ needs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV