Pulse Electronics Corporation (NYSE: PULS), a leading provider of electronic components, announces that its laser direct structuring (LDS) process was selected by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. for producing three-dimensional antennas to be incorporated into future Samsung products that use an antenna. Pulse's LDS process creates an antenna pattern in three dimensions on a plastic part, giving Samsung's mobile device product designers an almost unlimited ability to put the antenna anywhere and use almost zero volume.
"The LDS process is a game changer for the mobile phone market as 3D shapes are needed to gain ever smaller and thinner mobile devices," explained John Houston, senior vice president, Pulse Electronics. "3D antennas save space, produce better RF performance, and provide freedom for design. The LDS process produces an outstanding 3D antenna, giving the designers flexibility for late definition, changes, or fine tuning during production to meet stringent carrier requirements. Pulse's LDS process will benefit Samsung in the design and production of its next generation mobile devices."
Samsung has found that by using Pulse Electronics' LDS process it can offer mobile developers the slimmer, more ergonomic, stylish, and high-performance mobile devices they prefer. Pulse has provided Samsung with its process knowledge, ability to enable engineers to achieve higher production yields, and final product quality. Through this extraordinary 3D LDS antenna technology, the end user finally can have an extremely slim phone compared to existing 2D antenna technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV