Telephones Of Mexico Stock Upgraded (TFONY)
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, TELMEX-TELEFONOS DE MEXICO's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TFONY, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 13.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TELMEX-TELEFONOS DE MEXICO's earnings per share declined by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past two years. However, we anticipate this trend to reverse over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TELMEX-TELEFONOS DE MEXICO reported lower earnings of $1.35 versus $1.70 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.38 versus $1.35).
- TFONY's share price has surged by 26.47% over the past year, reflecting the market's general trend, despite their weak earnings growth during the last quarter. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, TFONY should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The gross profit margin for TELMEX-TELEFONOS DE MEXICO is rather high; currently it is at 61.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 13.60% is above that of the industry average.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.