Massachusetts Tornadoes Kill 4
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Two tornadoes struck portions of Springfield, Mass., killing at least four people and injuring 40.
The tornadoes hit Massachusetts' third-largest city after 4 p.m. on Wednesday. The city is located about 90 miles from Boston.
Officials were investigating reports at least two more tornadoes touched down in and around the city, CNN reported.
"We are in triage right now," Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno said. "We are in life-saving mode."Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick declared a state of emergency. He also called up 1,000 National Guard members. The storm system late Wednesday prompted tornado warnings along the Northeast. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV