Massachusetts Tornadoes Kill 4
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Two tornadoes struck portions of Springfield, Mass., killing at least four people and injuring 40.
The tornadoes hit Massachusetts' third-largest city after 4 p.m. on Wednesday. The city is located about 90 miles from Boston.
Officials were investigating reports at least two more tornadoes touched down in and around the city, CNN reported.
"We are in triage right now," Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno said. "We are in life-saving mode."Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick declared a state of emergency. He also called up 1,000 National Guard members. The storm system late Wednesday prompted tornado warnings along the Northeast. -- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV