1. Wells Fargo (WFC)
One to four family mortgage loans as a percentage of total assets: 28.2%The smallest of the four giant U.S. banks, Wells Fargo may be the most directly exposed to the U.S. consumer, as it has significantly smaller investment banking operations than Citigroup (C), JPMorgan Chase (JPM) or Bank of America, and it has a smaller international presence than those institutions. Wells Fargo has over 70 million customers, serving one in three American households, according to recent comments by CEO John Stumpf, speaking at a recent conference hosted by Barclays Capital. Stumpf said Wells Fargo has 9,000 stores in all 50 states. "We have more stores and serve more communities than any other U. S. bank," he said. Wells Fargo's first quarter results were a disappointment, according to Oppenheimer analyst Chris Kotowski, who nonetheless maintains an "outperform" on the stock. "It's the A student who got a B- on the first quiz of the semester, but there's still lots of time to raise the grade," he wrote in a recent report. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 5 Banks Most Vulnerable to New Housing Meltdown portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Dan Freed in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV