3. Regions Financial (RF)
One to four family mortgage loans as a percentage of total assets: 22.5Birmingham, Ala.-based Regions ranks 17th out of 19 banks in the S&P 500 in terms of its attractiveness to analysts, who rank it 2.85 on a scale of one to five, according to Bloomberg consensus figures. Regions has nearly $30 billion in mortgage loans, about 2.3% of which are in foreclosure and 1.6% are 30-89 days past due. Regions Financial is the twelfth largest bank in the country with $95 billion in deposits, according to Stifel Nicolaus, which notes in a report that Regions has grown "dramatically" during the past five years through mergers with Union Planters in July 2004 and AmSouth in November 2006. Regions serves customers in 16 states across the South, Midwest, and Texas, and through its subsidiary, Regions Bank, operates 1,774 banking offices and a 2,162-ATM network. Its investment and securities brokerage, trust and asset management division, Morgan Keegan & Company Inc., operates out of 325 different offices.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV