4. BB&T Corp. (BBT)
One to four family mortgage loans as a percentage of total assets: 22.3Analysts surveyed by Bloomberg rank BB&T 15th out of the 19 banks in the S&P 500, giving it a consensus rating of 3.3 out of 5. BB&T's first quarter earnings were "very disappointing," according to a report from Sterne Agee, both from a credit quality and revenue perspective. "Problem asset levels remain exceedingly high despite management's more aggressive asset disposition program," wrote Sterne Agee analyst Todd Hagerman. Nonetheless, Hagerman has a "buy" on BB&T, arguing to Winston-Salem, N.C.-based institution arguing credit is "nearing an inflection point." He also believes "materially lower environmental costs and improving loan demand" suggest the shares are favorable from a risk/reward perspective. Speaking at a May 24 conference hosted by Barclays Capital, BB&T CFO Daryl Bible said BB&T's mortgage business makes up about 7% of revenues, with the largest segment, "community banking," accounting for 60%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV