The third worst performing IPO so far in 2011 is Boingo Wireless (WIFI). Based on Wednesday's close at $9.72, the stock has lost 28% since pricing at $13.50 per.
The Los Angeles-based provider of wireless mobile Internet access services got a lukewarm reception on its first day of trading on May 4, losing 10%, and things haven't improved since then.
The business model may be a bit flawed as Boingo is all about providing public Wi-fi hotspots, but many places already offer similar accessfor free. The company reports its first public quarter on Tuesday June 7th.-- Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV