There may be huge anticipation for a Facebook offering, but social network FriendFinder (FFN) is not getting any love from the market. Based on Wednesday's closing price of $5.14, the stock is down 49% since it went public at $10.00 on May 10.
The company entered the market burdened with high interest expenses -- running to 26% of revenue -- and it's only been able to generate 5% growth on the top line, even though it's one of the most heavily visited social networking websites in the world.
FriendFinder's reputation may be a part of the problem as the company is the publisher of Penthouse magazine, but it's also home to Christian and Jewish dating sites as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV